2015 - chico costco
2016 - chico costco
2017 - oroville crossfit
what is the lord's gym mud run business bell?
The Business Bell is a competition that pits teams from local businesses against each other to
compete in the Lord's Gym Mud Run to be crowned the “Baddest Business” and take home the Bell trophy.
When does it take place?
The Business Bell takes place at the same time as the Main Race. The competition starts with team photos and a giant tug-of war tournament in the early morning. After this the Business Bell teams begin the Main Race, with heats generally leaving anytime between 9am and 10am. The winners are announced and trophies handed out at around 1pm.
what does the competition entail?
Business Bell teams are judged based on Team Unity (costumes and attitude), Team Strength (in a
giant Tug-of-War tournament) and Team Time (completion of the Mud Run course as a team).
how much does it cost?
Entry to the Business Bell is between $50 and $70 depending on how early the tickets are booked. Entry fee includes Main Race and Tug-of-War entry plus finisher medal.
what are the rules?
- Anyone ages 13 and older can represent a local business/organization on a Business Bell team. Team members do not need to be employees.
- There is no maximum team size, but each team must be have at least 5 people.
- The final score is based on a combination of Team Unity (team spirit and costume design), Team Strength (placement in a giant tug-of-war competition) and Team Time, with Team Time carrying by far the most weight.
- Team Time is recorded when the last team member crosses the finish line.
- Smaller teams tend to be faster, so we encourage large teams to consider splitting into a Team A, Team B and Team C etc. to make them more competitive, though this is not mandatory.
- Teams of more than five people will receive a Team Time deduction of 1 min 30 secs per additional team member up to a maximum of 6 mins off. For example, a team of 6 receives a 1 min 30 secs time deduction, a team of 7 receives a 3 min time deduction, a team of 9 or more receives a 6 min time deduction.
- Every team member must attempt every obstacle on the Mud Run course. (Teams that deliberately skip obstacles risk disqualification).
how do i register?
Registration will open as soon as the date for next year's race is announced!